Saturday, October 17, 2009

Oink, oink...

So I'm feeling pretty great. Still coughing a little here and there, but I feel pretty good. Too bad that Thursday night Cash woke up crying that he couldn't breathe. I went into his bedroom and the poor little guy sounded like he was sucking air through a straw. I wrapped him in a blanket and took him outside in the cool air to reduce the swelling in his breathe-way, and then put him in a hot bath with lots of steam. When his breathing was less labored I slathered him with Vick's, set up the humidifier in his bedroom, stuffed some rolled up blankets under his mattress to elevate his head, gave him a dose of Tylenol to bring down his fever, and put him back to bed. Then I went in to check on Oscar. Repeat story. Friday both boys continued getting worse, so Friday evening I rushed them to the doctor before the office closed for the weekend. She thinks both boys have swine flu. Wha??? That hadn't even crossed my mind! Swine flu. After both boys received a shot in the leg of steroids, she sent us home with an armful of prescriptions and an order to stay in the house. Sigh. The last few warm days of the year and I'm going to be stuck in the house with sick kids. Today it looks like Maggie is starting to get symptoms. So I'm buckling down for a week of indoor activities. I have to say though that being a swine flu "survivor", it's really not that big of a deal. Or maybe I should say I'm glad we seem to have gotten a mild case of it.

So, anyone have some fun indoor ideas to keep kids entertained? Pass them along, friends. Pass them along.

Here's a picture of Oscar yesterday. Sad!

9 comments:

Erin said...

Kids are dropping like flies around here too and the docs are all diagnosing them with swine flu. Hope yours feel better soon!

Maybe they could make halloween decorations. Cut out and hang little ghosts or something :)

Celiece said...

I am running errands on Monday morning around 10. Call me if you need me to pick up something for you. Seriously, I would be happy to do it.

Melissa said...

Oh man...Oscar looks TERRIBLE!


I hope this germy, dark cloud leaves your house soon!

Melissa said...

Oh man...Oscar looks TERRIBLE!


I hope this germy, dark cloud leaves your house soon!

Melissa said...

Well, that was odd.....

Your word verification said that my typing was incorrect, and that I needed to redo it. Apparently not.

Just know that I meant what I said. SO MUCH SO, that I wanted to post it twice.

Grandma Kristi said...

Poor Oscar looks like those sad-eyed little kittens they show on TV commercials for pet abuse victims!! I do hope you are all feeling better soon. Lots of love to all.

Carolyn said...

There's a lot of ideas for indoor games at todayisfun.com/blog
We've done quite a few things from there. Hope everyone starts feeling better!

theriddle said...

Your little guy still manages to look so cute! But I feel for you guys. So sad!

sarah said...

poor little oscar!! he looks so sick! :( i hope he feels better soon!!