Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Hello? Is there anybody out there?

Why on earth did I just quote a Pink Floyd song? Ready for a massive update sans pictures? Well then, here we go.

The Quinns now reside in the lovely town of Boca Raton, Florida. When we left Mobile, Alabama for Florida this is what it looked like:


{I lied about the sans photos... my computer is broken and I'm using Ben's computer
but I remembered I have a few photos on the internets that I can use here.}


Pretty classy little get-up, right? Here is what the average joe in Boca drives:

{picture via Google Images}

Okay, so maybe not everyone drives a rolls royce around, but I've seen my fair share. At the grocery store, parked outside the corner drugstore, picking up their kids from school. It's crazy. Also lots of BMWs, Mercedes, Porsches, Range Rovers, and some cars that I didn't even know existed like Maserati and Buggati (Ben had to educate me on the latter two cars and how awesome they are. I'm still like, meh). Suffice it to say, Ben and I felt like we fit right in when we pulled into town in our 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan pulling a U-haul trailer.

We actually really like it here so far. The weather has been a dream, the beaches are beautiful, Maggie loves her school, the parks here are immaculate, and there are geckos that live IN MY HOUSE. Usually I give Cash the task of catching and releasing them on our patio, but they eat bugs and spiders, so I kind of have to see the symbiotic relationship there. My little gecko friends.

The only bad thing about Florida is that we are on the opposite coast of a lot of our friends and family. But there is an open invitation to come visit us! We're like only 1 1/2 hours from the Florida Keys, guys. And 30 minutes south of Palm Beach. Oh, and we live IN BOCA RATON. So, who's going to be our first official guest? Anyone? Anyone?

5 comments:

BBC said...

sounds like a whole new adventure!!! glad you guys are liking it. :)

Erin said...

I really, really want toooooo!!!!!! I'm trying to convince Cliff. I think the geckos living in your house might really sway him since Wes LOVES his dinos :D

Olivia McCord said...

Me! Me! I can't believe you live in Boca! Hello? I've been visiting there my whole life and my grandfather started building up south Florida in the 40s. My family lives in Boynton Beach...about 30 min north of you I think. I'm hoping to take a trip out there soon. Can't wait to see you.
PS - Did I mention garage sales year round? Really, really good ones.

Jen said...

It's.so.cold.here...on.my.way...

Grandma Kristi said...

Uh, I think that should read, "opposite coast from ALL our family". We miss you and are looking forward to a visit. Maybe we could have a family vacation there----it's almost the Carribean!