Friday, August 28, 2009

Stonebriar

Stonebriar is the name of my grandmother's farm just outside of Silverton, Oregon. As a kid we would go every year during the summer to visit my grandparents. We swam in the creek, picked blackberries, played with cousins, pulled each other around in the handcart, played with dogs, ate lots of home made cobblers, cookies, cake, and such. We would always have a bon fire where we roasted hot dogs and made s'mores and had a talent show of sorts. Now that I'm grown and have kids of my own, Stonebriar is a place that pretty much drips with nostalgia for me. Seriously. Disneyland doesn't hold a candle...

Walking down the lane to my grandmother's house:



How cute is that? No seriously, look again:


{click on picture to enlarge}

Yeah, I'm probably framing that one.

After those classy shots we get to my grandma's house and then I can't get my kids to take one single decent picture with Grandma GG. (GG stands for Great-Grandma)





Oh well. Here are yet more pictures and (to entice those of you who don't care one red cent about my vacation pics) a link to a delicious donut recipe!






Okay, okay, here's the part about the donuts already. Chill.






My sisters {Ashley and Sarah} and I made these donuts (recipe here) and also made a glaze to go over them, although my favorite way to eat them was dipped in cinnamon and sugar. Delish. That whole platter lasted all of 30 seconds, I think.

And lastly, but not leastly, a small montage of the family reunion fireside:



There you go folks. The second installment of my vacation! Part three coming soon! Hey, don't roll your eyes... the next post is the wedding post! Yay!

OR, will there be drama involved as this picture might suggest:



{Cue the suspenseful music}. Tune in next time to see how it all turns out!

3 comments:

sarah said...

poor unsuspecting jonathan & elizabeth have no idea that dad is giving them such a dirty look. haha.

Erin said...

Ok, wait a second! So you guys DID make donuts after I left?!?!?!!? WHATT????? That's it. I'm making my own.

ashley said...

Mmmm! Seeing your donut pic makes me want to make more, more, more!