Wednesday, February 06, 2008

And it's only 9 a.m.

This morning Maggie woke up at the ridiculous hour of 7 am (my kids usually sleep in 'til 8, and I count on that last hour of sleep because it's what keeps me sane). So I try to get her to snuggle with me in my bed for awhile, but she lays there tossing and turning and sighing and clearing her throat until I finally ask her what she wants and she leaps up, hands stretched over her head and yells, "Brekkfixed!" So I drag my feet all the way to the kitchen and ask her what she wants. She doesn't know. I ask her, "Yogurt?" No. "Toast?" No. "Cereal?" No. "Juice?" No. "Oatmeal?" No. "What?" I say exasperated... "What do you want?" She still doesn't know. "Maggie," I say, "tell me what". She looks up at me and says, confused, "what."

I put a glass of milk and a few crackers on the table and go back to bed.
------------------------
In other "Maggie News", she cut her own hair. With scissors. Or as she appropriately calls them, "sharps". Somehow during the two minutes I was changing Cash's diaper, she found scissors and cut a chunk of her hair. Luckily, it wasn't too big a chunk, and I honestly can't even tell where she cut it. Still, it's pretty terrifying when your daughter says, "Look mom! I'm pretty!" and you go into the bathroom to see this:


She wanted a haircut because last night I gave one to Cash. Sibling rivalry begins. Here's a snapshot of Cash's haircut (so trendy with the little faux-hawk... or maybe it's just redneck.) {Also please notice the pretty necklace that Cash insists on wearing EVERY DAY- sigh}



UPDATE: It's now 10 am and Maggie just showed me where she "painted" the walls with a sponge brush and an ink pad... oh, heaven help me...

8 comments:

Teriney said...

Your kids are great!!! I finally got on the blogspot train...sort of! Glad you all are well!

Jen said...

8am? They sleep until 8am? Don't talk to me.

I'm just jealous. Jack wakes me up between 6 and 6:58 to ask me if the sun is up yet. No. The sun is not up yet between 6 and 6:58am.

Melissa said...

A-HA-HA-HA...Your son wears a necklace. Well, at least it's blue. Welcome to the 6-7am world: it's a TERRIBLE place to live.

Brandon and Amber said...

When I first saw the necklace, I thought it looked like a spaghetti strap or swimsuit, and then I thought...for a second...that it was Maggie and that she really did cut all her hair off!

Bringhursts said...

At least Cash never has to come out of the closet. He's out and he's fabulous. Snap.

Admiral Joe said...

Bringhursts' comment makes me laugh, and use apostrophes's with reckless abandon.

Erin said...

Hey Kat, sounds like you had a fun day today! :) So did I - let's see, Pepper slept in till 10am, and he helped me do the dishes, make dinner, and run errands. And then while I watched a little TV he did some gardening. (J/K, of course this could not be true because today was Thursday and I went to work. But it probably would be true if today was a Saturday.) Don't worry, someday I'll experience all the fun of kids just like you!

kelly said...

you and your kids crack me up. i have the same trick. especially right after i had owen. i used to keep a box of graham crackers in my room for when gavin woke up. i'd give him crackers, turn on the tv and go back to bed!