Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Eat your heart out


This year for our family reunion we're doing something new... we're having a home made ice cream contest. Since ice cream is my all time favorite dessert, I HAVE to get in on this contest. So, I searched the internet for a recipe that was sure to win. And I found this. Chocolate Gelato. And I made it (with the help of my sister, Sarah). And it's delicious. It brought back memories of Florence and Rome and eating nothing but Gelato for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for three days straight. As my sister Sarah would tell you, the recipe's a little involved, but it's well worth it. The recipe also calls for bitter-sweet chocolate. And it's very bitter-sweet. I'd like to try perhaps adding a little more sugar and using semi-sweet. And maybe swirling in some nuts and caramel. Anyhow, tell me your favorite ice cream recipe or flavor. I'm on an ice-cream kick and am looking for some great recipes to try out.
Ciao!

5 comments:

Bringhursts said...

Kat, I have the best recipe ever. You will for sure win your family reunion contest. Just follow the below instructions.
1. Get in your car.
2. Drive to the grocery store.
3. Buy Ben & Jerry's Phish Food.
4. Put it in your own container.
5. Pretend like Ben & Jerry's is your own recipe.
It works every time.

Jocelyn said...

So, when was it going to be communicated that there's an ice cream contest at the reunion? Oh, I see. Your plan is to be the only entry in the contest so you will win for sure. Oh well, I don't have an ice cream maker anyway.

I agree with your friend; phish food takes the cake. Leave the nuts out of your ice cream for me please.

Schmath said...

Do you know how to make chocolate malted crunch? I miss Thrifty's.

Bringhursts said...

We've been thinking a lot about you guys and hope you're doing well. Love, Todd & Anj

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.